Spicy Jalapeno Limeade Margarita
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 5 minutes
Servings: 1 serving
If you purchased Trader Joe's Organic Jalapeno Limeade, then this is for you. A few simple bar ingredients and you'll have a jalapeno margarita with a kick
- 1.5 ounces Silver Tequila I used Avion
- 1 ounce Triple Sec or Cointreau
- 1.5 ounces Trader Joe's Jalapeno Limeade
- salt to rim glass
- agave to rim glass (or corn syrup or lime)
- cut lime wedge for garnish (optional)
Rim a glass with agave first and then go over rim with salt.
In a shaker filled with ice, add tequila, triple sec, and Trader Joe's Limeade.
Shake vigorously for 15-30 seconds.
Pour into rimmed glass.
Garnish with optional slice of lime.
Here are my best tips for making this recipe:
- Use quality 100% blue agave tequila. For this recipe, silver or reposado tequila work best as they have more agave flavor.
- The flavor here is only as good as the drink mixer itself
- Use good quality ice. If your water tastes weird, it will taint the cocktail. Use bottled water to make ice or buy ice. This is vastly undervalued item when it comes to making a great cocktail.
- Be sure that when you salt the rim, you avoid getting salt inside the glass. Otherwise your drink will taste like the ocean.
- If you want a stronger drink, use more tequila and less triple sec
- If you want it spicier, then you'll have to muddle some jalapeno peppers and strain carefully. Or you can use jalapeno infused tequila.
Calories: 207kcal | Carbohydrates: 14g | Protein: 0g | Fat: 0g | Saturated Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 0mg | Sodium: 5mg | Sugar: 14g