Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 35 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes
This moist and super rich layer of crumbs is a decadent breakfast or dessert with the spice of cinnamon. This recipe is super easy and simple to make.
- 2 cups flour
- 2 sticks butter
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 tbsp ground cinnamon
- 2 tbsp 10x Confectioners Sugar
Kitchen Equipment Needed to Make This Recipe
Preheat oven to 350F
Make your favorite yellow cake mix according to the directions on the box. Bake as per the directions on the box.
While waiting for cake to cook, combine flour, butter, sugar, vanilla, and cinnamon in a food processor. Pulse until begins to look like crumbs.
When cake is fully cooked, add crumbs to the top of the cake and return to oven and bake for 10-12 minutes.
Remove from oven and allow to cool.
Slice and enjoy! This is great recipe to bring to a gathering or any place where it will be shared. Optional 10x sugar can be dusted on before serving.
- Avoid mixes that use butter in the mix. It doesn't seem to work well with this recipe
- You'll still need to add the ingredients needed to make the cake.
- Calorie count only takes the crumb mixture + boxed cake mix into account.
- If you don't like as many crumbs as you see here, the recipe can easily be cut in half.
Calories: 418kcal | Carbohydrates: 64g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 16g | Saturated Fat: 10g | Cholesterol: 40mg | Sodium: 448mg | Potassium: 55mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 29g | Vitamin A: 475IU | Vitamin C: 0.1mg | Calcium: 118mg | Iron: 2mg