Prep Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 5 minutes
This top shelf Cadillac Margarita uses premium ingredients of tequila and orange liqueur to ensure a top shelf margarita.
Optional- For the Glass
- Kosher Salt for garnish
- Lime Wheel for garnish
For the Margarita
- 2 ounces Tequila Use good quality tequila. I used reposado tequila
- 1 ounce Grand Marnier Cointreau, Grand Gala or other Orange Liqueur can be used as well.
- 1.5 ounces lime juice freshly squeezed
- .5 ounce simple syrup or to taste
- Ice Use good quality ice
- 1 ounce Grand Marnier as a shot or to pour on top.
Kitchen Equipment Needed to Make This Recipe
(Optional) Rim the outside edge of a glass with a lime wedge. Dip glass's edge into a kosher salt to create a salt time. Remove excess from the interior of the glass to prevent drink from becoming salty
Fill Cocktail Shaker with Ice.
Add tequila, 1 ounce Grand Marnier, lime juice, and simple syrup.
Shake vigorously until shaker is very cold.
Add ice to your (optionally) rimmed glass. Strain and pour into glass.
Add extra 1 ounce of Grand Marnier on top of your cocktail or enjoy as a shot on the side.
- Use quality 100% blue agave tequila. In this application silver or reposado tequila work best as they taste more of agave and less oaky than an anejo tequila.
- Use good quality ice. If your water is off tasting, it will taint the cocktail. Use bottled water to make ice or buy ice. This is vastly undervalued item when it comes to making a great cocktail.
- Be sure that when you salt the rim, you avoid getting salt inside the glass. Otherwise your drink will taste more like the ocean.
- Avoid sweet/sour mixes and pre-made margarita mixes. Nothing can be simple than freshly squeezed limes. Simple syrup is easy enough to make.
- When shaken, the shaker should feel ice cold throughout. If it isn't cold, keep going. I've never had a great room temperature cocktail.
- Grand Marnier can be served in as a separate shot or poured on top right before serving.
- This margarita will be a deeper color than a regular margarita due to the color variation in the ingredients.
Calories: 354kcal | Carbohydrates: 32g | Protein: 0g | Fat: 0g | Saturated Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 0mg | Sodium: 14mg | Potassium: 49mg | Sugar: 29g | Vitamin C: 12.8mg | Iron: 0.5mg