Mussels in White Wine Sauce
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 6 minutes
Total Time: 26 minutes
This quick and easy Mussels in White Wine Sauce has a delicious butter, garlic, shallot, white wine sauce that is quick, easy, and delicious. This is a perfect dish for Lent, Summer when it is too hot to cook, or whenever the mood is right for a seafood dinner.
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 4 tbsp butter
- 1 shallot minced
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 2 lemons zested and juiced
- 3 pounds mussels
- 1/4 cup parsley chopped
Clean, de-beard, and soak mussels in cold water for 20 minutes to remove any sand. Discard any open mussels.
In a heavy pan with lid, melt butter over medium high heat with olive oil. Add garlic and shallot and cook until translucent. Cook for about 2-3 minutes
Add white wine, lemon juice, and lemon zest. Reduce by half.
Add mussels. Cover and allow to cook for about 5 minutes or until mussels are open.
Using tongs, transfer opened mussels to a serving plate. Garnish with parsley.
- Shellfish requires just a bit more attention, so be sure you are buying fresh mussels. The tag should indicate how fresh they are with a date.
- Discard any mussels you have doubts about or have open shells, partially open shells, or cracked shells.
- Be sure to reduce this sauce as the mussels also release their own juices
- Be sure to have something to sop up the sauce.
- Discard any mussel that didn't open up after being cooked.
Calories: 361kcal | Carbohydrates: 14g | Protein: 21g | Fat: 22g | Saturated Fat: 9g | Cholesterol: 79mg | Sodium: 603mg | Potassium: 692mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 950IU | Vitamin C: 48.4mg | Calcium: 73mg | Iron: 7.6mg