Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
While Salmon is delicious on its own, why not elevate it with a sauce so good you'll really want to lick your plate. This salmon meuniere is crisp and forms a delicious pan sauce of butter, lemon, wine, parsley, and capers.
- 1/4 cup All Purpose Flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 pound salmon fillets Cut into BBQ sized pieces
- 2 tbsp Ghee or Butter
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1/4 cup capers
- 1 lemon zested and juiced
- 4 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp parsley
In a bowl combine flour, salt, and pepper. Mix to combine
Add salmon fillets and roll in flour mixture. Set aside. Discard any unused flour mixture.
In a pan on medium high heat, add ghee. Melt ghee and wait for ghee to become hot.
Add salmon fillets skin side down. Cook 3-5 minutes. Thinner fillets will take less time.
Flip fillets and cook another 3-5 minutes. Remove from pan and remove from heat.
Add capers, white wine, lemon zest, and lemon juice. Put pan pack on heat. Allow to reduce by half.
Add butter and melt into sauce. Add parsley.
Add salmon fillets back into the pan and serve. Spoon excess sauce over the top of the fillets. Serve immediately.
- You can use wild salmon or farmed salmon
- Cooking time with vary depending on the thickness of your salmon
- Because wild salmon has less fat to it, it is less forgiving.
- The sauce is the highlight of this dish and has a gentle acidity as well as richness to it.
- The sauce will taste acidic, but once put on the salmon it will highlight and compliment the fish.
Calories: 393kcal | Carbohydrates: 10g | Protein: 24g | Fat: 26g | Saturated Fat: 13g | Cholesterol: 112mg | Sodium: 748mg | Potassium: 625mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 575IU | Vitamin C: 17.3mg | Calcium: 34mg | Iron: 1.8mg