Winter Wassail Mulled Wine
So you purchased Trader Joe's Winter Wassail, but want to make it better. You have two paths: hot or cold. This is a hot wine (don't knock it until you try it). It's super simple and only requires two ingredients. It will keep you warm on a cold winters night. It's a fun starting point to use this to make your own homemade mulled wine without going through the spice cabinet.
- 1/2 cup Red Wine Pick one that you enjoy, but one that isn't too expensive.
- 1/4 cup Trader Joe's Winter Wassail
Heat in red wine and Winter Wassail in a pan until you see seam/vapor rising.
Do not boil.
If it gets cold or too much was prepared, leftovers (or cooled drink) can go into the microwave for 30 seconds on high. Test to see how hot it is. If not warm enough go in 15 second intervals until ideal temperature is attained.
Here are my best tips for making this:
- Use a wine you actually enjoy drinking, but save the expensive stuff for drinking.
- This works with both sweet and dry wines, but the winter wassail will add a touch of sweetness
- Garnishing this is completely optional but makes it look pretty and festive
- Don't boil the wine, you want to stop heating it when you see steam or vapor rising
Calories: 131kcal | Carbohydrates: 10g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 7mg | Potassium: 215mg | Sugar: 7g | Iron: 1mg