The Best Ribeye Steak Recipe
This is the Best Rib Eye Steak Recipe that I've tinkered with. The end result is moist, flavorful, juicy with a perfectly seared exterior. This can be made easily in a cast iron skillet.
- 1 Ribeye Steak
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic crushed
- 1 sprig rosemary
- 2 tbsp butter
Allow steak to come to room temperature for one hour. Once your cast iron skillet is hot, season your meat on both sides with salt and pepper. Be sure to NOT trim any excess fat. Save that step for before serving.
Add oil. Add steak. Allow the steak to cook for 4-6 minutes on the first side.
Flip steak. Add crushed garlic, rosemary, and butter to pan.
Using a kitchen towel or heat protective glove, tilt pan and use oils and butters to baste the steak by taking a spoon and scooping up the oil and putting it over the steak.
Continue to baste the steak for 2 minutes. Check for doneness by taking tongs and inserting the thermometer into the side of the meat. Use the chart in the recipe notes to determine what temperature would make you the happiest. Be sure to remove it 5 degrees before as the steak will continue to cook AFTER you have removed it from the pan.
When optimal temperature is reached, remove steak and allow to rest for 5-10 minutes.
Slice, trim excess fat, and enjoy
Use the following as a temperature guide. Be sure to remove your steak 5 degrees before the temperature below as the steak will continue to rise in temperature after it has been removed from the pan:
If you choose a different cooking method marinate the meat first, then:
- For a Blue Rare or Very Rare Steak cook to 115 degrees
- For a Rare Steak cook to 120 degrees
- For a Medium Rare Steak cook to 130 degrees
- For a Medium Steak cook to 140 degrees
- For a Medium Well Steak cook to 150 degrees
- For a Well Done Steak cook to 160 degrees
- For Sous Vide steaks it's 3 hours, let rest, then a quick minute on each side to get a nice crust.
- For Grilled steaks cook by temperature and rotate 45 degrees to get perfect grill marks.
Calories: 467kcal | Carbohydrates: 1g | Protein: 23g | Fat: 41g | Saturated Fat: 16g | Cholesterol: 99mg | Sodium: 161mg | Potassium: 320mg | Sugar: 0g | Vitamin A: 355IU | Vitamin C: 1.4mg | Calcium: 16mg | Iron: 1.9mg