My Grasshopper drink recipe is a delicious and easy cocktail recipe. Its mildly alcoholic that drinks like a mint chocolate dessert. Perfect for St. Patrick's Day, the holidays, or when a gentle mint drink is your last beverage of the day.
- 1 ounce creme de cacao use clear, but if you have brown creme de cacao, please see my notes
- 1 ounce creme de menthe
- 1 once half and half
- 1 sprig mint leaves optional garnish
In a cocktail shaker filled with ice add creme de cacao and creme de menthe. Shake to chill
Add in half and half. Swirl to combine.
Pour into a cocktail glass. Garnish. Serve immediately.
Here are my top tips for making this:
- Always use good quality ice
- You can use the brown creme de cacao, but it will become a more brownish green color.
- Likewise, you can substitute peppermint schnapps for the green creme de menthe, but it won't retain it's bright green hue.
- For a dessert like drink, use ice cream in place of the half and half
- If you are looking to save calories you can use whole milk in place of half and half
Calories: 206kcal | Carbohydrates: 27g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 1mg | Sodium: 2mg | Sugar: 20g