Prep Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 5 minutes
My Irish Coffee Recipe will walk you through how to make one of these traditional, easy, whiskey based drink. Ideas and suggestions for making this vegan and keto are included as well as some history about this cocktail and how to adapt this recipe if you don't like Whiskey.
- 1.5 ounces Whiskey
- 3 ounces Coffee
- 1 dollop Whipped Cream The canned stuff works too
- 1 tsp brown sugar Can be simple syrup, brown sugar, or plain sugar
- green food coloring or Creme de Menthe
- Irish Cream if you don't like your coffee black
Optional step: Use boiling water and fill coffee glass. Allow to sit for a minute and then dump the water out.
Add brown sugar (optional), whiskey, and coffee.
Top with whipped cream
Optional Step: Add green food coloring or green creme de menthe for a splash of color.
- Use some hot water to heat up your glass before making this recipe, that way your glass is piping hot.
- I added a twist that was common in my family, feel free to omit, or use food coloring.
- Use the coffee you enjoy drinking
- Find whiskey you don't mind adding to this. Odds are if you like it in a whiskey sour or in another application, then you'll like it here.
- If you hate black coffee, there is nothing stopping you from adding cream or Irish cream to the coffee.
Calories: 121kcal | Carbohydrates: 3g | Protein: 0g | Fat: 0g | Saturated Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 0mg | Sodium: 2mg | Potassium: 41mg | Sugar: 3g