Prep Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 5 minutes
My Greyhound Cocktail is a quick and easy drink recipe complete with simple twists on the original recipe. It's a perfect summer recipe or when grapefruits are at their peak. This recipe works well with either vodka or gin.
- 4 ounces grapefruit juice freshly squeezed is best, if using bottled see notes below
- .5 ounce simple syrup
- 2 ounces vodka gin can also be used
In a glass filled with ice add grapefruit juice, simple syrup, and vodka
Stir to combine
Sip and enjoy responsibly
- Always use good quality ice
- Freshly squeezed grapefruit juice is best, but if you need to substitute 100% grapefruit juice that is ok too BUT depending on the brand it may throw off the sweetness as some grapefruit juices are labeled as 100% juice but aren't 100% grapefruit juice.
- Much like eating grapefruit, you may wish to add some simple syrup to balance out the tart flavors in grapefruit.
- This cocktail can be made with either vodka or gin
- Garnish is optional, but rosemary, an orange, lemon, lime wedge, or a slice of grapefruit all make for visually appealing garnishes
- This is a poured cocktail. In other words, you'll need no special equipment to make this, however, if you prefer your cocktail served up and without ice, then mix everything in a cocktail shaker and strain into a glass
- To make this recipe into a Salty Dog rim the glass with salt before making
Calories: 221kcal | Carbohydrates: 23g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 1g | Sodium: 11mg | Potassium: 184mg | Sugar: 23g | Vitamin C: 30.5mg | Iron: 1mg