Chocolate for some people is a dietary requirement. This is both rich and light in one delicious recipe.
Betty Twist: Make a chocolatey glaze from 1/4 cup of confectioners sugar, 2 tbsp Hershey’s chocolate syrup, and a few drops of milk or almond milk to thin out the glaze.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Put all ingredients except for the cream and butter into the food processor and pulse 5 times to make sure ingredients are evenly distributed.
- Put butter in a pulse until the butter is no larger than the size of a pea.
- Add the cream slowly while pulsing the food processor.
- Continue to pulse food processor until the dough forms.
- Take dough and place it onto either a floured counter top or a piece of parchment long dough to be folded over the dough to be rolled. (The second method works well to keep messes contained, just make sure the scones are super cold so they don’t stick.)
- Roll dough into a circle 7″ in diameter and 1″ thick.
- Use pizza cutter to get 8 scones. You can choose to 1) Bake them now 2) Refrigerate for 24 hours or 3) Wrap gently and place in gallon sized ziplock bag and freeze for a month. Your call.
- Place scones at least 1″ apart on all sides on a cookie sheet.
- **Optional step: Egg wash or cream can be brushed on the scones at this point and a little bit of additional sugar can be sprinkled on top. This will make it shiny and look pretty. Otherwise, completely optional**
- Place in oven for 14-16 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool on cooling rack.
- Once scones are completely cool, then glaze (Betty Twist) can be added.
- You can add as much or as little as you’d like. Enjoy!