So, you’ve recently acquired Trader Joe’s Blackberry Spritzer. Perhaps you too found it a bit plain. Sweeter than seltzer but not sweet enough to be soda. Why not jazz it up a bit? As time goes on, I’ve not so secretly come to believe that all the drinks at Trader Joe’s are secretly fantastic drink mixers. This is no exception.
Below is Become Betty’s spin on Trader Joe’s Blackberry Spritzer and turns it into a Mojito recipe:
You also realized Trader Joe’s Blackberry Spritzer is not the most flavorful thing Trader Joe’s makes. It’s light and refreshing, but it’s color leads you to believe it’s going to have a lot more taste going on. So you could 1) drink it as is 2) dump it or 3) Make an alcoholic beverage which already has a lot of flavor to it.
My review said it reminded me of summer. I know it’s December, but I’m longing for summer right now. So I made the most summery drink I could think of. It was tasty, well balanced, and the blackberry spritzer worked perfectly with it. This makes 1 glass of Mojito.
Become Betty's Blackbery Spritzer Mojito Recipe
- 3 slices fresh lime
- 7-10 mint leaves (or more if you appreciate mint)
- 3 fresh blackberries (more for garnish or you are posting pictures to Pintrest)
- 3/4 ounce simple syrup
- 2 ounces white rum
- 2 ounces Trader Joe's Blackberry Spritzer
- 5 cubes ice
- Place the first 4 ingredients in a Boston Shaker and muddle them to release juices and mint flavor
- Add rum and ice and shake vigorously for 5-10 seconds.
- Pour into a glass (including the ice) and add Trader Joe's Blackberry Spritzer.Enjoy!
- Garnish with mint or blackberries if you are into your presentation. It's totally optional, but might impress some guests.
DID YOU MAKE THIS? TAG @BECOMEBETTY ON INSTAGRAM AND HASHTAG IT #BECOMEBETTY
Recipe adapted from Kitchen Swagger
Want to see more items I’ve reviewed from Trader Joe’s? Click on Thoughts & Reviews of Trader Joe’s for a searchable list.