This side of the page deals with both the Betty Crocker side of my personality and the Betty White quick with a joke side as well. I don't like writing recipes without commentary, sarcasm or inserting where I messed up. Some recipes are my own. Some are merely reviews of the stacks of cookbooks I own, or thoughts on everyday shortcuts. If they are from a source, I'll add in ways to make it your own, a "Betty Twist" if you will. Let's face it, in the world of the internet how many recipes are legitimately 'original?' At this point you'll need to do a DNA test to figure out who started it.
If the recipe sucks, I'll post the name of the recipe and all illustrations in the Ugly Betty section of the blog for all to enjoy and make mock of.
If you are looking for a drink to accompany any of the things you see here, please use the drinks section of the website. Please drink responsibly.
Reviews from the Grocery Store
Click on the link to see an alphabetized list of product I've reviewed.
The Original Recipes
- Cinnamon Roll Waffles
- Dates Stuffed with Goat Cheese and Wrapped in Prosciutto
- Deep Fried Macarons
- Lemon Cream Sauce with Capers and Shallots Recipe
- Raspberry Pancake, Waffle, and Dessert Syrup Recipe
- Red Wine Braised Short Ribs with Trader Joe’s Umami Paste
- Spicy Avocado Crab Boats
- This Betty's Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe
- Zucchini Carpaccio Recipe
From the Cookbook Collection
Better Homes and Gardens
Martha Stewart Stuff
- Better Than Thomas’ English Muffins with Strawberry Butter
- Blackberry Ice Cream with Chocolate Chips
- Blueberry Scones with Lemon Glaze
- Heavenly Chocolate Scones with Chocolate Glaze
- Lemon Poppy Scones with Lemon Glaze
- Salted Caramel Ice Cream with Chocolate Bacon Bark
- Wine Poached Peaches